Monday, May 24, 2010

Leaving for Jordan!

      An important travel lesson: dress how you wish to be treated. As I stretch across my newly acquired extra seat and enjoy the doting attention of the flight attendant, I recall a chat with my father from that very morning. He was positive that the cashmere dress with the dressy sandals was entirely too uncomfortable for a day of flying. We discussed my desire to be taken seriously, and who will treat a twenty-something in sweatpants and a tank top like an adult? This proved to be beneficial, as I was promptly moved from a torturous middle seat to the front exit row by a dimpled attendant that proceed to call me “honey” for the duration of the eleven hour flight. As I settled in amidst the sighs and consternation of those around me wanting those very seats, I thanked Banana Republic for keeping me classy and comfortable on this international flight. Oh hello London…

No comments:

Post a Comment